Our School - Kindergarten Enrolments
Children born between 1st August 2012 and 31st July 2013, and live within our school boundaries (click at bottom of page to download map) are eligible to enrol in our Kindergarten for 2018.
From Term 2 each year packages will be available with a list of requirements and the school's enrolment policy.
Appointments can be made with the office staff to complete enrolment information:
- When: After the 13th June,
- Contact: Lorraine in the School Administration office on 9604-4002, to arrange for an appointment to complete enrolment paperwork.
- Time required for appointment: Approximately 20-30minutes.
- What I need to bring: (All documents required are listed ' Proof of Residential Status Prior to Enrolment' (click at bottom of page to download PDF)
- A Statutory Declaration (click at the bottom of the page to download your PDF copy) - will be needed to be completed and signed by a Justice of the Peace, if you do not have rental agreement/lease/ or rates notice in your name.
Note: Students already enrolled at our HARRINGTON STREET PS Preschool in the year prior to starting Kindergarten, do not need to make appointments. Individual forms will be distributed in April/May for the parents to complete. All of these forms should be returned to the office. All out of area Preschool students, enrolment applications for Kindergarden, are considered at the convening of a enrolment committee meeting held in July. . Parents will be notified by letter of the outcome. Out of Area Form can be downloaded at the bottom of the page.
What happens next after I have completed the enrolment interview?
A letter confirming enrolment and other information will be given to you. Please notify the school office, if there is a change address or phone number, as this could impact on the enrolment.
Kindergarten Orientation (Usually held in October/November)
An Orientation night will be held in November for all parents whose first child will be starting Kindergarten in 2018 (Parents who have enrolled their child will be sent an invitiation, together with what is required for the day, by mail).
On Orientation Day, held in the morning in November, for all parents and children. Children will participate in supervised organised activities in a Kindergarten classrooms. Whilst children are in the classroom, the parents will be meeting in the Hall, where they will be informed of what to expect when their child starts Kindergarten in the new year.
An Information Package will be made available to you on Orientation Day, which will comprise of:
A special Orientation Information Package will be given to you on the day. This will include:
- Literature on how to prepare your child for school
- School Information Booklet
- Canteen Price List, School Newsletter, Voluntary contributions brochure.
- School Uniform, display, information and Price Lists
- How to add the HSPS Skoolbag app to your phone
- A letter advising the specific time and date that your child needs to attend a special ‘ Kinder Preview Sessions’ in November.
Kindergarten Preview Session
Held for a 1-2 hours over two days, November. (In 2016 those dates were Tuesday 15th November, and Tuesday 22nd November).
- These days are sessional and are usually held for a duration of approximately 2 hours.
- Your child will be allocated a specific day and time to attend at Orientation Day.
- You will be directed to take your child to a specific classroom where he/she will stay for the session.
- The Uniform shop will be open on each Preview Day.
Please be prompt in picking up your child from the classroom at the end of the Preview Day.
For more information contact the Depatment of Education or click on the link below to take you directly to their website.
Please see below a link to the Department of Education's Video presentation of My Day in Kindergarten.