Welcome to the Harrington Street Public School community!
At Harrington Street, we highly value and encourage parental involvement at every step of your child’s education. We have a strong and proud history of positive parental engagement in all areas of schooling, and an active Parents and Citizens Association (P&C) to further promote parent participation.
Your support and involvement in school activities will not only keep you informed and enhance your ability to assist your child, but also strengthen relationships between you and your child, teachers, and the wider school community.
There are many ways you can participate, including:
- Being part of the P & C Association or attend Parents & Community Forums
- Attending Coffee and a Chat afternoons
- Volunteering as a helper in your child’s classroom or at school events or programs
- Participating in parent excursions
- Attending parent workshops that are offered throughout the year
- Coming along to school events and celebrations
For an overview of community activities we offer for children, parents and carers at HSPS, please see Community Activities.
To read our latest newsletter and keep updated with regular communications from the school, please ensure you subscribe to Schoolzine and SZapp.